- Samba in Mamabajamba was the first movie made by
- Nobody involved in the making of Samba in
Mambajamba has ever had any filming experience
before. Or after...
- The title Samba in Mambajamba was slightly
inspired by the names of boxing matches of Muhammad
Ali - "Rumble in the Jungle" and "Thrilla in Manila".
- The official movie poster was made to resemble the
poster of the Guy Ritchie directed film "Rocknrolla"
- The whole movie was shot in one and a half
- Post production took two weeks.
- The movie's budget was around 8.000 slovak koruna
- The camera used for filming was a Sony
- The script was written by Matúš Halász, who
appeared in the movie as Ze Frenchman.
- The premiere of the movie was on 12th september
2008 on Comics Salon / Istro CON 2008.
- Nobody was harmed during filming. At least not
- The movie has won the Special Award on festival
Comics Salon / Istro CON 2008.
- The movie makers cite movies directed by Robert
Rodrigues, Guy Ritchie and Quentin Tarantino as the
- The characters Božena von Fichtenberg and Manga
Girl/Blažena Sládkovičová were actually played by the
same actor Alexandra Haššová.
- The opening music was composed and recorded by
Tomáš "Keitaro" Polčic. "The Drinking Song" was
composed and recorded by Oliver "Kurai" Šimko.
- Body count: 3