Signing up for Artist Alley
For those of you who would like to offer at our convention their own arts and crafts - whether they be handpainted t-shirts, fanarts, original art, handcrafted bijouterie or other fandom/geek/otaku or unrelated wares that you yourself made – you can apply to our Artist Alley.
- send us your application to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject be sure to specify the convention that you’d like to apply for. For example "Artist AlleyAnimeSHOW 2020".
- In the email give us a short description of who you are, what do you specialize in and be sure to include a lot of examples (pictures) of your art. You should also add a link to a webpage with your portfolio (for example facebook/instagram/deviantart/etsy store).
Whenever throughout the entire year. The deadline for applications for the nearest upcoming convention is usually around a month and half before its starting date.
Sending us your application doesn’t mean that you will be automatically selected. Since our Artist Alley has a limited capacity (e.g. by the number of available tables that we are able to fit into the particular premises), we select the artists before each convention. We consider several factors in the selection process. After the application deadline, we however contact each applicant – both the successful ones as well as the ones that didn’t make it. If by chance you won’t make it into the final group, don’t worry, you can always apply for the next convention.
Artist Alley Terms and Conditions
After the selection process is closed, we contact the chosen artists with further instructions and also in case of any changes. That’s why it’s important for the artists to check their emails and respond more often after being selected.
If a person fails to respond to messages even after repeatedly being asked to, they will be deleted from the Artist Alley shortlist and their spot will be offered to a substitute.
It can happen that sudden events or complications may cause, that someone from the selected artists won’t be able to attend the convention. In such cases they need to let us know asap and we can then offer their spot to the next suitable artist.
We are charging a rental fee of 25 euro for a stand/station in our Artist Alley. The artist pays no entrance fee. However, this applies only for one person. This means that if you are planning on bringing any entourage to help you run your stand or just keep you company, they will need to buy a proper ticket
You can also book an extra table, for an additional fee of 25 euro. If you wish to book an additional table, you need to notify us beforehand (a week before the convention at the latest). The amount of extra tables is also limited, so the sooner you let us know, the better.
The rental fees will be collected during the festival.
It is not possible to rent a spot in the Artist Alley for less than the entire convention (3 days). If you should arrive at the convention later or would need to leave sooner, we do not refund the rental fee.
What will be provided
- Each artist will be given their own table or rather table space.
We have a large number of tables in various lengths and sizes designated for the whole festival, so we cannot guarantee that all artists will have tables of the same size. However, it is possible, if both sides agree, to switch tables between artists. As for specific measurements - the smallest tables begin at 0,8m x 1m.
- There will also be a power socket at your disposal in the vicinity of each table
What we recommend
- We would like to see, if possible, that each artists occupies their stand/station for all three days of the festival. However, in special cases (such as holding a presentation as part of the festival's program or helping out in other ways) or if you need to use the bathroom or go get yourself some lunch, we will of course accept your absence within a reasonable level. We would be happy if you used this opportunity to raise the visibility of your work and yourself to the maximum.
- So in case it is necessary please have someone with you that would take your place during your absence.
- If applicable we also recommend bringing your own stands or display cases for showcasing your work.
- Bringing your own business cards (even hand painted ones) containing information for potential customers on where to find your gallery or shop online, how to contact you and etc. is also recommended.